Mesa residents can keep their Christmas trees out of the landfill this year by recycling them free of cost at one of five drop-off locations across Mesa. Drop-off sites are available 24 hours a day at the locations listed below until January 16, 2023.
To avoid damaging recycling equipment, all nails, stands, tinsel, lights, and ornaments must be removed from trees. Artificial trees, trees flocked with artificial snow, wreaths, and trees from commercial vendors will not be accepted. The Christmas Tree Recycling program is provided for residential use only. Tree lot vendors are not eligible to use this program and should call 480-644-6789 for alternative recycling options.
Tree recycling drop-off locations:
- Fitch Park: 651 N. Center St.
- East Mesa Service Center: 6935 E. Decatur St.
- Superstition Springs Police & Fire Substation: 2430 S. Ellsworth Rd.
- Mountain View Park: 845 N. Lindsay Rd.
- Dobson Ranch Park: 2363 S. Dobson Rd.
Additional options include:
- Donation: Live trees can be donated to Mesa’s Parks & Recreation and Community Facilities Department for display at local parks and public spaces. Donated trees must be live, potted, and taller than 5 feet. For locations and instructions, please visit my.mesaaz.gov/2LoyWvN.
- Bulk Item Pick-up: Households within Mesa’s service area may schedule a curbside pickup of live or artificial trees for a nominal fee. For details, call the Solid Waste Management Department at 480-644-6789. Unfortunately, due to the collection process, trees collected through this curbside option will not be recycled.
- Green Waste Barrel: Mesa residents participating in the green waste barrel program may dispose of live trees in their green yard waste barrel. Trees should not overload the barrel or prevent the lid from closing completely.
- Landfill: Residents may take their Christmas tree directly to the Salt River Landfill free of charge through the month of January.