Enjoy Beards and Brews, Santa and Gnome on the Roam
Mesa, AZ – Merry Main Street activities are in full swing in downtown Mesa through Jan. 7. There are numerous opportunities to shop, eat and play!
- Downtown Mesa offers more than 30 restaurants, coffee shops and bars with a variety of choices during Merry Main Street
- Downtown Mesa has more than 60 eclectic stores and businesses for you to shop for Christmas gifts and other items
- The inaugural Beards and Brews Booze Crawl is on Saturday, Dec. 10, from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Wear your Santa finery and shiny boots. To join the reindeer games, you can buy a $10 passport and check in at the Mesa Mural, 47 W. Main St. The passport gets you a map of the ten reindeer watering holes, a bag of reindeer snacks and even a fluffy Santa beard if you don’t have one. Hurry, because the event is almost sold out!
- Free Visits with Santa. Santa Claus will be at Merry Main Steet every Friday and Saturday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. through Dec. 23 and 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Dec. 24 before heading back to the North Pole. Bring your cell phone or camera for pictures. He will be near Mesa’s Christmas Tree.
- Gnome on the Roam. Bingles, our Gnome on the Roam and one of Santa’s best friends, is roaming Downtown Mesa this holiday season. The adorable North Pole ambassador will stop at popular Mesa locations to spread holiday cheer. Follow @CityofMesa on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to keep up with his Main Street activities. Look for clues each week to win prizes.
- Jack Frost’s Food Truck Forest continues each Friday and Saturday at Pioneer Park, 526 E. Main St. You can begin (or end) your journey downtown Merry Main Street with a delicious meal or snack
- The Winter Wonderland Ice Rink at the new Plaza at Mesa City Center, 56 E. Main St., is open daily to enjoy the amazing winter weather and skate under the stars. Tickets for a special day and session can be purchased at merrymainst.com/icerink
- Mesa Santa Express is Dec. 9-10 and 16-17 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Meet Santa, sing songs and enjoy cookies in a special light rail car. Seats for the 20-minute event are first-come-first-served. Mesa Santa Express is presented by Valley Metro and MURAL Riders are asked to donate a canned food item to support United Food Bank.
- Holiday Happenings at the MAC. The internationally acclaimed Mesa Arts Center comes alive with holiday shows throughout December. Visit mesaartscenter.com for details and tickets
- The Mesa Temple Christmas Lights have returned after a four-year hiatus because of the Temple renovation. The spectacular light display and beloved community tradition continues nightly through Dec. 31 from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. The annual display features hundreds of thousands of colorful lights and is free.
For a complete list of Merry Main Street activities, including dates and times, visit www.merrymainst.com.
Merry Main Street is sponsored by the City of Mesa, Mesa Parks and Recreation, Downtown Mesa Association, Visit Mesa, Mesa Chamber of Commerce, AMR, Benedictine University, Boeing, Caliber, Nesbitt Contracting, Cox Communications, Sloan Park, SRP, Delta Hotels, Hunter Contracting, Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport, Mesa Water and Valley Metro.