Arizona Celebration of Freedom fireworks spectacular is Saturday, July 3. For a second year, the City will celebrate our nation’s independence with a FREE drive-in show from 9 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. in the parking lot of Fiesta Mall, 1425 W. Southern Ave. The fireworks will be displayed while one of our sponsors, 94.5 KOOL-FM, plays patriotic music you can tune in and enjoy.
If you plan to attend:
- The parking lots surrounding Fiesta Mall open at 7 p.m.
- Please park as directed by Mesa Police and event security to provide physical distancing and to maintain quick entrance/exit and safety for all who attend.
- We ask that you remain in the empty spot on the passenger side of your vehicle whenever possible so that each group of guests has their own area to view the fireworks.
- Guests are welcome to bring food, drinks (non-alcoholic) especially water, chairs, blankets. There will be no vendors at the event.
- Portable restrooms will be available in each parking lot nearest the mall circle drive.
- The following items are prohibited:
- NO pop-up tents or canopies
- NO alcohol
- NO glass bottles
- NO grills or heating equipment for cooking food
- NO contraband or illegal substances
- NO firearms/Weapons of any kind
- NO fireworks/Sparklers/Firecrackers
- NO laser Pointers
- NO motorized carts or scooters (unless ADA approved)
- NO clothing with gang signs/symbols OR of particular colors worn in combination with known gang signs or symbols
- NO bicycle riding within the event area
We ask that you leave your pets at home during the event. More details are available at www.azcelebrationoffreedom.org.
The City of Mesa has been hosting the Arizona Celebration of Freedom, one of our signature events, for more than a decade. The celebration has traditionally been from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. and included patriotic displays such as inflatable landmarks, Fallen Heroes Memorial, Revolutionary War reenactments and a naturalization ceremony; plus live music, family games, inflatable waterslides and food. It concluded with a Salute to America program and fireworks. The Arizona Celebration of Freedom was scaled back in 2020 to maintain social distancing guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic.